These are a staple in this household.
Savory, healthy, sweet, salty, keto, with a dynamic texture. It's really perfect.
- 1 lb Fresh green beans
- 4 slices thick cut bacon
- 4 oz (weight) pecans
- 2 oz (liquid) bourbon
- 2 tbsp Swerve brown sugar mix
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp pecan oil
- Dice pecans into small pieces and put in a medium frying pan.
- Begin pan toasting pecans on medium heat in pan.
- Fry bacon on medium heat in another frying pan.
- Chop tips off green beans and cut in half/quarters to bite size pieces (if you want; otherwise just remove tips).
- When bacon is done, remove from pan, conserving bacon grease in the pan. Place bacon on a paper towel to dry and cool.
- Remove pan from heat, but add pecan oil while still hot and twirl pan to blend pecan oil with bacon grease.
- When pecans begin to darken, add Swerve and stir, covering all pecans with liquifying Swerve as it carmelizes.
- Once all pecans are covered, add vanilla, stirring and immediately reduce heat to lowest simmer.
- When rest of meal is approximately 8-10 minutes from serving, throw green beans into grease on medium heat.
- Dice bacon to large bits. Set aside.
- When green beans begin to blister, increase heat to high, add bourbon, immediately flambé.
- Once fire goes out, remove from heat, add bacon and pecans, and stir to mix.
- Serve and eat.