Nei quattro anni in cui ho vissuto nel nord est dell'Italia, la mia cosa preferita era il cibo.
And by that, I roughly mean that in the shadow of the Dolomites, my greatest enduring love in four years in Italy was definitely the food.
Staying keto can be hard. I love pasta. There's links on this very site to me making homemade pasta (and there may end up being more; it's a crutch for cheating).
- ~20 parmesan crisps
- ¼ lb pork skins (chicharrons)
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- ½ lb pork chops
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup pinot grigio
- 1 tbsp capers, drained
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- Grind chicharrons (pork skins) and parmesan crisps in blender until powdery
- Place on plate, add Italian seasoning and shake to mix
- Pound out pork chops until extremely thin, and trim any additional fat off the edges if necessary
- Crack eggs and whisk, place in another shallow plate
- Dredge pork chops through egg wash, then thoroughly coat with pork rind/parm crisp powder
- Heat oil on medium-high in cast iron pan
- Fry pork chops until golden brown, then transfer to a paper towel lined plate and put in a warming oven at approximately 135° F to maintain heat until serving
- When done with all pork chops, deglaze the pan first with the butter, then when it begins to brown, add the lemon juice, pinot grigio and capers
- Stir constantly until liquid reduces by approximately 1/4; should still be thin liquid
- Top chops with liberal amount of sauce and capers. Optionally, add some parsley sprigs